25.4.11

allotmenteering

We've ended each of the last few days with a visit to the allotment, once the 'cool' of the evening arrives, to recover from days crabbing and rockpooling, playing with friends at the park and cycling miles in the sun.

Today we took fish and chips (with mushy peas) and ginger beer.

Even without rain the weeds are flourishing but once I plant my courgette and squash jungle out they will not stand a chance - the lounge is fast becoming a no go area as the seedlings turn into plants, you can almost hear them growing and indoor watering is starting to take nearly as long as outdoor...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

There is a magic about a garden at the end of the day - a real peace. I have been away from mine for two weeks and I have to keep going out just to be amazed yet again about how much it has grown.

Melanie Wickham said...

I love going to the allotment on summer evenings! Summer mornings first thing are pretty good too, but I rarely get up in time...