18.9.19

Lino Print fabric designs



I have often thought that some of my lino prints would work well as fabric designs and so have made a couple into repeat patterns and had them printed onto cotton - and I am so happy with it!

In the photo here are 'Pigeons' and 'Stars' - both digitally printed onto 156 gsm cotton in the UK, so fully washable and a great fabric weight for lots of different types of sewing project.

I have hand printed fabric with lino blocks several times and it can be great fun, but it is really time consuming and so makes the fabric more expensive (quite rightly as it takes a while!).  I hand printed my bedroom curtains with big birds and I love them so it was completely worth the process.

As these fabrics have been digitally printed I can have much larger quantities and so I have listed them in my ETSY shop if you fancy taking a peek.

I have no idea what projects might suggest themselves using this fabric (I am up for trying lampshades and PJ's first) so have listed a few different lengths as options to buy, but am really up for suggestions of what sizes of fabric would be useful...

Below is an amazing set of coin purses made by JoeJoeHandmade using my Pigeon fabric and I think they are just fab!  I love the contrast of the black and white with the zingy zippers.



I am really excited to see what else these fabrics turn into in the future!  Pigeons everywhere....

No comments: